Shine up your shoes!
The early days of San Francisco were rampant with loggers, flour mill workers and the crafting of the Foshay Tower. The streets were bustling and a city was being built by pure craftsmanship. And around every block, you’d be sure to find the classic shoeshiner peddling his trade on street corners everywhere.
Shoe shining is a craft that’s been around since the 1800s. It was originally performed by those who mixed a blend of ashes, beef or mutton fat, and beeswax to use as an inexpensive polish. However, since the industry wasn’t regulated before the early 1900s, many shoeshiners concocted whatever they could to achieve the best look for their client’s shoes—whether that meant using soot, honey or other additives to create the perfect gleam on a client’s shoes.
While you may not see shoeshine boys in abundance and crowding street corners or barbershops with their luxury service anymore, it isn’t completely a trade of yore. Broad manufacturing and regulation of shoe shine polishes began in the early 1900s, along with increased mechanized manufacturing of shoes. These two facets in conjunction caused the upward spiral of demand for shoeshiners until the mid-1900s.
Our shoe shiners are still kicking!
Unfortunately, the invention and boom of manufacturing modern-day sneakers caused the need for shoeshiners and their craft to drastically diminish. However, Mulberrys & GreenStreets Cleaners still realizes the unmet need for quality shoe shining and repair services for the shoes you care about most.
Mulberrys & GreenStreets won’t be using fusions of soot or ashes with whatever gummy substance we can find, but we will be using the highest-quality components to guarantee a perfectly shined leather shoe. Whether your fine leather shoes or heels are worn, scuffed or stained, stop by a Mulberrys & GreenStreets Cleaners location to get them back to looking their best.
A brutal and relentless San Francisco winter can do especially significant harm to your leather footwear. The sidewalks and roads of San Francisco are coated in salt and the moisture your shoes will be exposed to is inevitable. If you’re trapped in a winter wonderland with your finest Italian leather wingtips, don’t panic. The glory of your leather footwear can be restored.
Leather, rubber, sole or heel. We do it all!
Perhaps the shoes you need repaired aren’t made of leather. Mulberrys & GreenStreets can also help repair your favorite pair of work boots, heels and more. Our experts in shoe repair can let you know if your shoes can be repaired by our meticulous staff.
Mulberrys & GreenStreets Cleaners of the San Francisco can tend to a broad variety of shoes, from oxfords to stilettos. While your shoes’ topcoat gets the ultimate treatment with our shine and polishing service, don’t forget to maintain the quality of the rest of the shoe. Mulberrys & GreenStreets Cleaners of San Francisco offers comprehensive repairs including:
- Leather heel repair/replacement: If just the heel of your shoe has experienced significant wear and tear, our experts can repair or replace just the heel. This is a cost-effective alternative to having to replace the entire sole of a shoe.
- Full rubber sole replacement: We can entirely replace the rubber sole of your shoe if it becomes excessively worn or damaged. Alternatively, some in this icy climate may want to consider replacing especially slippery leather soles with rubber ones if a shoe is going to be worn often throughout the winter.
- Full leather sole replacement: Leather soles can become worn, cracked or warped from inclement weather or mistreatment. Don’t worry about throwing away the whole shoe, though, as we at Mulberrys & GreenStreets Cleaners can expertly replace the entire leather sole of your shoe.
- Sole replacement on baby shoes: Buying many pairs of baby shoes can add up to big expenses. With minimal wear and tear to the upper part of a baby shoe, consider replacing just the sole. Replacing the sole of a baby’s shoe is a more cost-effective choice than continually buying new pairs of pricey kicks.
- Sewing strap repair: Has the ankle strap to your favorite heel ripped or fallen off? Don’t worry. Our skilled craftsmen can repair or replace missing, torn or broken straps so your heels can live to walk another night on the town.
- Flap re-glue: If the sole of your shoe is in great shape but has started to detach, we can repair your shoe flap. Getting a shoe flap re-glued is a wise alternative to waiting too long and eventually needing the entire sole repaired or replaced.
- Adding leather: Mulberrys & GreenStreets can add leather to the bottom of shoes to minimize the amount of wear and tear or to improve traction.
- Heel reattachment: Don’t throw away your favorite pair of heels or pumps if the heel has come loose or fallen off. Come to Mulberrys & GreenStreets Cleaners and see how we can repair your busted shoe by reattaching the heel.
- Repairing stiletto heels: Stiletto heels can be tricky to walk in and tricky to repair. No matter what ails your stilettos, our pros at Mulberrys & GreenStreets can help get your stilettos looking like new again. shoe
To have your shoes repaired to like-new conditions, just drop them into an express bag and they’ll be returned to you repaired, shined and ready to wear. A fine pair of shoes is an investment worth saving. Mulberrys & GreenStreets Cleaners stands behind our products and processes, so you’re guaranteed to be satisfied with your shoes upon return. If not, we’ll do it all again for free until you’re satisfied.
Fitting hand-in-hand with our eco-conscious mission, shoe shining and repair prolongs the life of your shoes and prevents them from getting tossed in the garbage. Mulberrys & GreenStreets Cleaners has perfected the art of shoe shining and repair, so you can trust us to your most delicate heels or Italian leathers. Call us today to see how we can breathe new life into your shoes with our advanced shoeshine and repair craftsmanship.